Year of Call: 2021
Genevieve was admitted to the profession in 2015 and called to the bar in 2021.
Genevieve has a broad commercial practice. Her practice has an emphasis on commercial and construction disputes, arbitration, mining, energy and resources, as well as administrative law. Genevieve also has a keen interest in intellectual property, media and defamation law.
At the bar, Genevieve’s experience includes acting as counsel in:
- complex litigation concerning mining, energy and renewable projects;
- proceedings before the Land Court of Queensland for both mining proponents and objectors;
- an international commercial arbitration seated in Singapore, concerning a dispute in relation to a wind farm project in Vietnam;
- trade mark and copyright disputes, as well as defamation proceedings, before State and Federal Courts; and
- numerous review proceedings for both Commonwealth and State agencies before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Prior to being called to the bar, Genevieve’s experience included working as an associate and lawyer in national law firms on broad range of commercial disputes, including funded commercial litigation.
Genevieve has also worked as a Senior Legal Officer within the Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney-General, acting on behalf of both vulnerable children and adults.