Year of Call: 1986
Year of Silk: 1999
Patrick O’Shea has a widely-based commercial practice, with an emphasis on trial work in State and Federal courts and tribunals, and in arbitrations. Over the last five years, work in commercial arbitrations has been a substantial part of his practice.
He is listed in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the categories of Litigation and Competition Law, by Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific for Construction and Infrastructure, and in Doyle’s Guide for Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Construction and Infrastructure, Intellectual Property and TMT.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Patrick was a solicitor and partner at what is now Minter Ellison, and worked as an economist at the Reserve Bank of Australia.
Patrick has been recognised by Doyle’s Guide in the following practice areas:
- Construction & Infrastructure – Leading (Australia)
- Construction & Infrastructure – Preeminent (Queensland)
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution – Recommended (Australia)
- Insolvency and Restructuring – Recommended (Queensland)
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution – Leading (Queensland)